Developer: Neil Burlock
Requires Android: 2.2 and up
Size: 22 MB
Average Rating: 4.7 / 5.0
Take an interactive 3D trip through the solar system with Solar System Explorer. Solar System Explorer will take you on an interactive 3D trip through our solar system. Featuring more than 35 planets, moons, asteroids and the spacecraft that have visited them, you'll have a chance to see a different side of our little corner of the galaxy!
This full edition delivers all the planets and major moons of our Solar System in glorious HD with extra effects and a special tablet mode, so it will look great on all devices, large or small.
Solar System Explorer also features detailed models of past present and future robotic explorers, such as Cassini which is currently half way through a 20 year mission to study the Saturnian system.
Surface images of the planets have been re-constructed from photos taken by telescopes or NASA spacecraft. Because few probes have been to the outer solar system, a number of moons have only been photographed from one side, so the missing details have been estimated based on what is visible.
Orbital positions and speeds have been adjusted to make it easier to navigate the Solar System and see the planetary motion at human speeds.
Interesting facts about each of the places you visit in the solar system, and the spacecraft you see are available at the touch of a button.
Statistics are calculated relative to the Earth where ever possible because for most people, big numbers mean little.
There may only officially be eight planets now, but because Pluto is larger than 200KM in radius, it is included for your viewing pleasure.
* Please report problems at apps.burlock.org or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can't help you here because Google won't let developers contact users who make comments.
* This app supports ICS, but custom ROMs are not supported. If you install a non-standard ROM and have a problem, then contact the ROM developer and report the bug so they can fix it.
Robotic Spacecrafts: NASA Voyager, Dawn, Juno, Cassini
Planets, Moons And Asteroids:
- Sol/The Sun
- Earth: Luna/The Moon
- Mars: Deimos, Phobos
- Asteroids: Ceres, Vesta
- Jupiter: Callisto, Europa, Ganymede, Io
- Saturn: Mimas, Tethys, Enceladus, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Iapetus
- Uranus: Miranda, Umbriel, Ariel, Oberon, Titania
- Neptune: Triton, Proteus
- Pluto: Charon
For more info, visit Solar System Explorer on Google Play.