Developer: Robert Broglia
Requires Android: 2.1 and up
Category: Tools (Emulator)
Size: 1 MB
Average Rating: 4.7 / 5.0
Emulate the classic NES/Famicom console on your Android device.
NES/Famicom emulator based on FCEUX 2.1.6-svn (GPL), designed and tested on the original Droid/Milestone, Xoom, Galaxy S2, and Xperia Play, but works on many devices with similar specs. It's based on an up-to-date revision of well-known PC emulator FCEUX, offering some of the most accurate NES emulation on Android.
- Backup memory and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states. State files from FCEUX should work on NES.emu and vice-versa.
- Supports ROM-based games in .nes and .unf formats, optionally in zip files.
- Famicom Disk System emulation using .fds files (select your BIOS in the options first).
- VS UniSystem support, push Start to insert coins.
- Uses FCEU-compatible cheat files (.cht extension) with editing features.
- Zapper/Gun support, touch screen to fire, touch & hold outside of display area to simulate firing away from the TV.
- Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls in addition to keyboard controls (up to 4 touches supported at once), and an Xperia Play optimized button layout.
- Multiplayer-capable Wiimote + Classic Controller, iControlPad, and Zeemote JS1 support (no need to purchase a separate app, see website for full instructions).
No ROMs are included with this app and must be supplied by the user. A number of public domain games/demos are available at www.pdroms.de. Transfer games anywhere to your internal storage/SD card and browse to them from within the app (default SD card directory is /mnt/sdcard).
Follow me on Twitter for updates about my apps: https://twitter.com/rakashazi
Visit the homepage at explusalpha.com for more info, ports for other platforms, and my other apps (including Snes9x EX). Please report any crashes or device-specific problems via email (include your device name and OS version) so future updates continue to run on as many devices as possible.
For more info, visit NES.emu on Google Play.