Developer: Robert Broglia
Requires Android: 2.3 and up
Category: Tools (Emulator)
Size: 2 MB
Average Rating: 4.7 / 5.0
Emulate the classic MSX computer & Colecovision console on your Android device.
Advanced MSX/ColecoVision emulator based on BlueMSX with support for the original hardware up to the TurboR. Future updates will add support for the Sega SG-1000. The majority of BlueMSX features required to run most games are already supported with more coming soon (tape support, improved on-screen keyboard, etc). Please verify your games/programs run on the PC version if you're unsure about purchasing, and feel free to email me with any questions.
Note: Additional MSX system files are required to use the app with floppy disk images. A BIOS is needed if emulating ColecoVision. See the website for setup instructions.
- Supports ROM (.rom, .mx1, .mx2, .col) and Disk (.dsk) programs, optionally in zip files.
- SCC and FM sound support.
- Internal SRAM and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states.
- Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls & keyboard support, and an Xperia Play optimized button layout.
- Multiplayer-capable Wiimote + Classic Controller, iControlPad, and Zeemote JS1 support (works with 2-player games like Salamander).
- Portrait/Landscape auto-orientation support.
No ROMs are included with this app and must be supplied by the user. Transfer games anywhere to your internal storage/SD card and browse to them from within the app (default SD card directory is /mnt/sdcard).
Follow me on Twitter for updates about my apps: https://twitter.com/rakashazi
Visit the homepage at explusalpha.com for more info, ports for other platforms, and my other apps (including Snes9x EX). Please report any crashes or device-specific problems via email (include your device name and OS version) so future updates continue to run on as many devices as possible.
For more info, visit MSX.emu on Google Play.