Developer: Robert Broglia
Requires Android: 2.3 and up
Category: Tools (Emulator)
Size: 1 MB
Average Rating: 4.7 / 5.0
Emulate the classic Gameboy (Color) hand-held on your Android device.
Gameboy (Color) emulator based on Gambatte 0.5-wip (GPL), designed and tested on the original Droid/Milestone, Xoom, Galaxy S2, and Xperia Play, but works on many devices with similar specs.
- Selectable color palettes when playing original GB games.
- Cheats codes in Game Genie & Gameshark (01xxxxxx type) formats.
- Backup memory and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states. State files from Gambatte should work on GBC.emu and vice-versa.
- Supports games in .gb and .gbc formats, optionally in .zip files.
- Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls & keyboard support (up to 4 touches supported at once), and an Xperia Play optimized button layout.
- Wiimote + Classic Controller, iControlPad, and Zeemote JS1 support (no need to purchase a separate app, see website for full instructions).
- Portrait/Landscape auto-orientation support.
No ROMs are included with this app and must be supplied by the user. A number of public domain games/demos are available at www.pdroms.de. Transfer games anywhere to your internal storage/SD card and browse to them from within the app (default SD card directory is /mnt/sdcard).
Follow me on Twitter for updates about my apps: https://twitter.com/rakashazi
Visit the homepage at explusalpha.com for more info, ports for other platforms, and my other apps (including Snes9x EX). Please report any crashes or device-specific problems via email (include your device name and OS version) so future updates continue to run on as many devices as possible.
For more info, visit GBC.emu on Google Play.